For many of us, working from home has become a temporary norm, but things won’t last this way forever. Once it’s time for all of us to head back to the office, a company party might be a great way to help get everyone back in the mood and to celebrate the reunion of our team members. Want to know our thoughts on a great company party idea? At Tropics Entertainment, we are the Miami-based entertainment company people, businesses, and planners find when searching “bands for hire near me” in Florida, so we know a thing or two about having a great party. When our Miami office is once again filled with our team, we plan to kick off the return with an ‘80s themed party. Why the ‘80s? The ‘80s has a fantastic selection of cover bands that make dancing and celebration a great time, and we’d like to share more about these bands for the best company party entertainment ideas.
Our Top 10 ‘80s Cover Band Songs for Company Parties
- No. 10 – Like a Prayer by Madonna
- No. 9 – Crazy Little Thing Called Love by Queen
- No. 8 – Jessie’s Girl by Rick Springfield
- No. 7 – I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me) by Whitney Houston
- No. 6 – Thriller by Michael Jackson
- No. 5 – Footloose by Kenny Loggins
- No. 4 – Livin’ On A Prayer by Bon Jovi
- No. 3 – Love Shack by B-52’s
- No. 2 – You Shook Me All Night Long by AC/DC
- No. 1 – Don’t Stop Believin’ by Journey
Company Party Entertainment Ideas for ‘80s Parties
For party planning, music is only half the fun. For the rest, you’ll want to set up a theme with some light decorations and activities to give everyone fun things to do while you celebrate. We have a few ideas about how to do this for your ‘80s company party:
- Dress Up
- Many of us might still have some classic ‘80s staples hidden away in our closets. If you’re going to throw a party, now’s the time to break those out. Even for those that don’t have a secret stash of ‘80s clothes tucked away, some bright colors and classic jeans can easily be styled to look like you’re ready to dance to some Michael Jackson.
- Bring in Old Cassettes and Cassette Players
- If you or anyone in your office has some old cassettes and a cassette player, why not bring them into the office to listen to? Not everyone is going to have these, of course, but if you do, it can be a great way to take a road trip down memory lane.
- Get Some Colored Lights
- You can get some colorful lights through online boutiques in preparation for your company party at a low cost. These lights can be a nice detail to add to the office to get everyone in the mood to party and celebrate.
- ‘80s Themed Trivia
- Consider ordering a copy of ’80s themed Trivial Pursuit and have the office break into teams to show who among you knows the most trivia facts? This is a great way to get involved yourself, but you can also research some trivia yourself and host a trivia match across the office if you’d prefer.
Contact Us to Find “Bands for Hire Near Me”
If you’re in Florida searching “bands for hire near me” for upcoming events that are still on the calendar, then Tropics Entertainment has you covered. We not only cover all your company party entertainment ideas but are all about providing live music with our skilled list of DJs. To learn more, contact us on our website.