You may be thinking that there is not much to factor when it comes to hiring a wedding band, however, this is not the case. There are many aspects you must look over when making the right decision for your wedding. Choosing a live band is fun, but it needs to be taken seriously. Remember that this choice will determine how you will remember your special day for the rest of your life. Tropics Entertainment is here for you, New York! Our various wedding music bands will leave you and your guests extremely satisfied and impressed every second they perform.
You Must Hire The Best
When it comes to organizing your live wedding entertainment, there are plenty of factors to take into consideration, from venue terms and conditions, right through to the band rider. Whether you are just about to start your planning or are only days away, this is the right time to take advantage of a foolproof checklist that will ensure you are fully prepared. It never hurts to over prepare. Trust our wedding music bands to have everything you need!
Our Checklist For Choosing a Live Band
- Does the band / DJ provide a sound system?
- The majority of bands provide a full PA system, but if it isn’t mentioned in the quote then it’s best not to assume. If it isn’t included, you’ll definitely need to hire something at extra cost.
- If you have over 150-200 guests, it might be worth mentioning this to the band at the outset in case they need to cost in larger PA to suit your venue.
- Does the band provide the appropriate lighting?
- Most bands provide lighting, however many smaller groups may not. Make a note always to ask if it is included in your quote.
- It’s also worth noting that even though most wedding DJs have lighting, many specialist DJs such as those more familiar with corporate events at large clubs, may only bring their own mixing equipment.
- Does your quote include a particular amount of time or the entire evening?
- The majority of wedding bands quote for 3 x 60-minute sets with playlists throughout the evening until midnight. When booking smaller bands such as jazz bands and acoustic duos, you may find they’ve only quoted for 3 hours, and so you’ll need to make your plans for the rest of the evening.
- Have you checked their requirements if the artist is performing outside?
- Most string quartets, instrumentalists and bands will require a gazebo or similar to protect them from the elements. With British weather being somewhat unpredictable, it’s too risky for some musicians to perform out in the open where there’s the chance of damaging instruments and equipment.
- Does the band have enough time to set up?
- Most wedding bands take 60-90 minutes to set up, often loading in as the room is being turned around for the evening reception. If your meal is fairly late, you may need to ask the band about an early set-up so they are all ready to go straight after the formalities have finished.
- If booking a string quartet, will they need armless chairs to be provided by the venue?
- Most string quartets will need armless chairs to be provided at the church and venue.
- Have you been through your special requests with the band or musicians?
- It’s best to give musicians plenty of notice when requesting new songs, most bands are happy to learn a first dance song for your big day, but there are a few bands that charge an extra fee.
- Similarly with string quartets and other instrumental acts; if sheet music is available then it’s not a problem, but on the odd occasion the band leader may need to spend time arranging your song request for their instruments, and this will no doubt incur additional fees.
- Does the band require food in their contract?
- It is something that’s regularly glanced over in the contract, but almost all musicians do request a simple meal and soft drinks in their rider, especially for evening function bands who will often find themselves working a 12 hour day once travel has been taken into account.
Call Us Today
When it comes to choosing the perfect live band, we have you covered. You can trust our wedding music bands to deliver the top possible performance for your special day. Call Tropics Entertainment today for more information, New York.