Hiring a live band can get very complicated if you have no idea what to expect. This is more common if you never hosted an event with a live band. Here at Tropics Entertainment, in Florida, we have answers to many of the common questions you may have. Check them out below. When it comes to live bands for hire, we have you covered. Check out the best bands for hire near me.
Commonly Asked Questions
- What does my venue need to provide?
- Parking and vendor meals
- Power (3 x 20 amp circuits)
- Staging (optional, but recommended)
- If the band is outside, the stage must be appropriately covered (including a 4-foot perimeter around the stage). We will also need you to sign our Outdoor Policy Form.
- Early Setup Fee will apply if the band is required to arrive more than 2 hours before the start time (e.g., if the Ceremony is in the same room as reception, separated by an air wall or draping).
- What size stage do I need?
- 4-6 pieces: 8d x 12w (minimum); 12d x 12w (recommended)
- 7-8 pieces: 12d x 16w (minimum); 12d x 20w (recommended)
- 9-11 pieces: 12d x 20w (minimum); 16d x 24w (recommended)
- *Ceremony and Cocktail Musicians do not need a stage
- How long will the band play at my event?
- The band plays four hours with one 25 minute break during your entrée. The band can play high energy music continuously for 2 hours. If your entrée happens to be served within the first 90 minutes, the band will take two 20 minute breaks (one 20 minute break during your entrée, and another 20-minute break later in the night).
- How does payment work?
- We require a 50% deposit upon signing the contract. The balance is due two weeks prior to the event.
- If there is a weather issue, will I lose my deposit?
- If there is an unforeseen weather event, and the venue is inoperable or inaccessible, you will receive a full refund.
- Do my ceremony/cocktail musicians need to be amplified?
- Most of our Ceremony / Cocktail musicians do not require amplification. If your guest count is above 225, we suggest renting amplification for the strings (Violin, Cello, Viola). Please email or call us for details and pricing.
More About Live Bands for Hire
Founded in 1997, Tropics Entertainment is an entertainment production company specializing in live music for private events. Although we book around 250 events per year, we are not a traditional booking agency. We carefully select each musician and performer. Our bands are created from scratch with a specific focus on high-end weddings, corporate events, and social gatherings.
Call Us For The Best Bands for Hire Near Me
Be sure you consider us when it comes to live bands for hire. Not only will your guests appreciate your hard work and dedication, but you will create lasting moments that you will never forget. Here at Tropics Entertainment, we promise to provide you with all of our expertise with the best wedding bands and DJs. Call or contact us today for more information on bands for hire near me. Remember, your wedding is just around the corner; it is time to get to work! Trust us when it comes to bands for events and parties, Florida.