When you think of wedding bands, the first thing to probably pop into your head is a cheesy 80’s inspired band that sounds nothing less than mediocre. Many would even jump straight to Adam Sandler from the film The Wedding Singer. However, Tropics Entertainment is here to tell you that is not the case at all. We feature the best wedding music bands Chicago can offer. When it comes down to it, you never have to worry about your wedding live band being anything short of amazing when they perform.
Don’t Trust The Movies
Wedding bands have come a long way since your parents got married. Today, great bands conquer all genres of music. They are very diverse. Wedding music bands feature everything from the latest pop hits to the golden oldies. Inspired, personalized live music adds a level of excitement to your wedding that generates unforgettable moments. Unfortunately, lingering perceptions about the entertainment of yesteryear can cloud the judgment of brides making decisions in the here and now. Remember, we are not in the ’80s anymore! Cutting through the misinformation can help lead to some pleasantly surprising discoveries of outstanding musical options for your own wedding.
Common Myths About A Wedding Live Band
- Wedding bands are cheesy and tacky.
- There are some cheesy wedding bands out there, but there are so many others that are doing super cool stuff — you just have to do your research. Make sure to ask to check out live videos of the band’s performances or reach out to see if they’re performing in any showcases to try and get a good feel of what you could expect from them on your big day. To help the songs turn out more authentically, it’s beneficial to have male and female vocalists who are comfortable performing the type of music that you envision for your wedding celebration, whether it’s current pop, indie rock, or even soul.
- Bands only stick to basic songs they know and don’t offer much variety.
- When you’re interviewing a potential band, ask to see their actual song list, and inquire as to how much input you can have into the selections. Most reputable bands have extensive song lists and will let you have a significant say in which songs get played on the big day. They may even learn a few tunes especially for you as well, if you give them plenty of advance notice. There might be additional fees for new songs, so be sure to get the pricing upfront as well!
- Wedding bands can’t make your favorite songs sound great.
- There are lots of wedding bands out there now, especially in large markets. My advice would be to have a firm grasp on what type of music is most important for you to hear at your wedding and consult with your planner to find the right fit. Whether you want a niche bohemian acoustic group playing Taylor Swift covers or a big 12-piece band that does everything from Beyoncé to Sinatra, if you do your due diligence, the right band for you is out there.
- A live band will be too loud for your wedding.
- A common concern that I hear from clients who are having big weddings is that they’re worried about adding more instruments is going to make it too loud for the guests. In reality, volume really has nothing to do with the number of pieces in your band. It’s a controllable variable dictated by your band’s sound team, as well as your song selections. I like to use the analogy that having Green Day perform at your wedding with three pieces would be much louder than Norah Jones leading a 10-piece band. A reputable band with
- a capable sound team should be able to take in the acoustic considerations and constraints of your venue to produce the perfect volume for your wedding.
- There has to be more pieces for the band to sound good.
- Having a 15-piece orchestra with horn and string sections can be amazing, but it really all comes down to the quality of the musicians and their ability to execute the music they’re trying to play. Trust your ears and instincts when reviewing videos of the band. Once you are sold on the quality of the music, then you can focus on size and ask your band what pieces will really benefit your musical vision for the night.
Contact Us Today
When it comes to the nest wedding live band, we have just what you need. Choosing wedding music bands who are not cheesy, is a task you must take seriously. Not only will your guests appreciate your hard work and dedication, but you will create lasting moments that you will never forget. Here at Tropics Entertainment, we promise to provide you with all our expertise with the best wedding DJs. Call or contact us today for more information. Your wedding is just around the corner; it is time to get to work. Trust our selection of the best wedding bands Chicago has to offer.