Your Florida dream wedding must be perfect. Any simple mistake seems like it would destroy your night. What can you do to ensure that everything is perfect? Avoiding mistakes that others had made in the past is a good start. At Tropics Entertainment, we are here to inform you of the top music mistakes during a wedding with the best wedding reception music. You can be sure that when you incorporate bands for hire near me, your wedding will be the best celebration all year.
Don’t Make a Mistake
Whether you consider yourselves music, people or not, the music at your wedding is super important, and a great band or DJ can be the difference between a pretty fun wedding and an unforgettable one. We are here to make sure that you avoid these mistakes.
Mistakes of Wedding Reception Music
- Dismissing the idea of a band or DJ before doing some research.
- This is your first music decision to make, and it’ll narrow down your options by half. Love live music and have a bigger budget? A band might be your preferred pick. Have a tighter budget or dozens of songs you’d like played perfectly? A DJ could be your perfect choice. Don’t dismiss either because you think a band will automatically be out of your budget or a DJ will be cheesy.
- Starting the ceremony in silence.
- Most guests will arrive 20 to 30 minutes before the ceremony starts, but the wait will seem a lot longer if they have to wait around in silence. Book your ceremony musician to start no later than 20 minutes before the ceremony begins.
- Offending your officiant with your ceremony music.
- When it comes to ceremony music, many churches, synagogues and other religious institutions have rules that could affect your choice of ceremony music, like prohibiting certain secular songs. It may be your wedding day, but unfortunately, it’s not technically your church, so remember to respect the regulations.
- Skipping a sound check.
- Depending on your venue, there may be limitations to the type of music you can have. It is important that if you hire a band, you make sure they have a soundcheck. During this time is when the musicians make sure they’re instruments are at their full potential.
- Waiting until the wedding to meet your musicians in person.
- Want to know exactly what your music might sound like in real life? Take in a live performance. While you’re there, pay attention to the tunes and also how the band or DJ emcee, whether they take requests, and how well they get the audience going. If you can, talk to the DJ or bandleader at some point one-on-one or set up another time to meet face-to-face. This person will be your emcee, so you want to have an easy rapport.
- Forgetting to talk through the must-play songs.
- Don’t assume your band or DJ is going to play every one of your favorites. If it’s a band, talk to them about this list before you decide to book—they may have to learn a song or two. For DJs, just be certain they’re open to your suggestions.
- Making it impossible for guests to hear each other.
- Your reception isn’t the place for nightclub-level volume. It’ll only frustrate your older family members and make it tough for them to talk to one another and enjoy the party.
- Choosing a really long first-dance song.
- Do a run-through and you may realize four minutes can feel like forever if you’re just rocking back and forth. Yes, it’s about you two, but keep your guests in mind too.
- Leaving out a do-not-play list.
- Sit down with your soon-to-be-spouse and go through your favorite songs together to create the must-play and do-not-play lists. Once you’ve handed over the lists, leave the rest up to the pros. And be careful not to micromanage.
- Playing explicit songs before the after-party.
- You won’t be able to please everyone, but ask that your DJ or band keep it at least PG-13 during the reception.
- Sticking to one genre.
- You both may truly love ’90s grunge, but five full hours of Nirvana might drive some guests to leave early. You’re sharing this day with family and friends, so save your more obscure favorites for the honeymoon playlist and let your band or DJ play a mix of songs that everyone can enjoy.
Try Our Bands For Hire Near Me!
We are masters when it comes to wedding reception music. This is a task you need to make sure you don’t mess up. Not only will your guests appreciate your hard work and dedication, but you will create lasting moments that you will never forget. Here at Tropics Entertainment, we promise to provide you with all our expertise with the best wedding DJs. Call or contact us today for more information. Your wedding is just around the corner; it is time to get to work. Trust our selection of the best wedding bands Florida has to offer.